Tootoomoo (“we” and ”us”) is committed to protecting your privacy!
1 how we collect your information
when you use the website we may collect and process information about you. where you can be identified from this information (directly or indirectly), it will comprise your “personal information” and must be treated with additional care.
when you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including ip address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform, device type, hardware model, mac address, unique device identifiers and mobile network information;
- information about your visit, including the full url clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time);
- information about your network, such as information about devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds, and network and application performance and location information from wi-fi access points;
- pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- information about your previous visits to the website
volunteered by you
you may provide us with your information in a number of ways, including:
- completing forms on the website (such as “contact us” or “bookatable” forms);
- corresponding with us by e-mail, phone or otherwise;
- subscribing to email updates, newsletters or other subscriptions and features made available on the website from time to time;
- registering for the app;
- using the provided wi-fi in one of our restaurants;
- reporting a problem or requesting support for the website;
- communicating with us through third party social media websites or applications (e.g. twitter, facebook, instagram); and
- participating in our contests, promotions, sweepstakes and surveys on the website.
the information we collect includes your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, social media account details (such as facebook and twitter), and any other information you provide on registration, on placing an order and through other means on the website, some of which will comprise your personal information.
2 how we use your information
we process this information for the purpose of:
- dealing with your inquiries and requests;
- providing and personalising our service for you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- compiling your member profile;
- processing your payment;
- crime prevention and prosecution of offenders;
- as part of our efforts to keep the website safe and secure;
- maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource (for analytics and research);
- providing reservation or booking services;
- gathering information to form statistical and trend analysis;
- research and analytics on an aggregate and/or anonymous basis;
- administering our prize draws and competitions (which will be subject to separate terms and conditions);
- meeting legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- providing you with member offers and information on products/services that may be of interest to you; and
- carrying out market research campaigns.
we also gather this information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. these statistics will not include your personal information.
we may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. we may use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
3 your consent
- your request for content, goods or services which require us to take steps, including processing of your personal information, prior to entering into contract with you and any processing that is necessary for the performance of such contract;
- any legitimate interests pursued by us as a business, except where such interests are overridden by your interests and fundamental rights; and
- compliance with any legal obligation.
in the event the purposes for processing change, then we will contact you as soon as practicable and seek your consent where the change results in a new additional, purpose for processing.
4 information security
please be aware that communications over the internet, such as emails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the internet. we cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
we believe that we have appropriate policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control (having regard to the type and amount of that data) from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
all of our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
we ensure that your information will not be disclosed to government institutions or authorities except if required by law or when requested to by regulatory bodies or law enforcement organisations.
5 to whom will your personal information be disclosed?
- our employees;
- our affiliates;
- our group companies and their employees;
- to another legal entity, on a temporary or permanent basis, for the purposes of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganisation, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event. in the case of a merger or sale, your personal information will be permanently transferred to a successor company;
- third party consultants, contractors or other service providers who may access your personal information when providing services (including but not limited to it support services) to us;
- government bodies and law enforcement agencies and in response to other legal and regulatory requests;
- subject to your consent, to our marketing partners, who may contact you by post, email, telephone, sms or by other means. if you do not wish to be contacted, you can contact them to unsubscribe;
- auditors or contractors or other advisers auditing, assisting with or advising on any of our business purposes, in any jurisdiction where we operate;
- to public authorities where we are required by law to do so; and
- to any other third party where you have provided your consent.
6 international transfer of personal information
we may transfer your personal information to a third party in countries outside the country in which it was originally collected for further processing in accordance with the purposes set out above. in particular, your personal information may be transferred throughout the Tootoomoo group and to our outsourced service providers located abroad. in these circumstances we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate technical, organisation, contractual or other lawful means.
7 retention of your personal information
8 your rights in relation to your information
data protection law provides you with numerous rights, including the right to: access, rectify, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of, your personal information.
you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority if you believe that your personal information is not being processed in accordance with applicable data protection law.
we will require proof of your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
your rights are as follows:
- right to make a subject access request (“sar”). you may request copies of your personal information. if you would like to make a sar, i.e. a request for copies of the personal information we hold about you, you may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. we should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information of which you would like a (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
- right to rectification. you may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information. you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com. we should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information of which you would like to be corrected (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
- right to withdraw consent. you may, as permitted by applicable law, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
- right to object to processing, including automated processing and profiling. you may, as permitted by applicable law, request that we stop processing your personal information in relation to automated processing and profiling, you may object to the processing and you will have the right to obtain human intervention. you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com
- right to erasure. you may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so. for example, there may be an overriding legitimate ground for keeping your personal information, such as, a legal obligation that we have to comply with, or if retention is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations. you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. we suggest that you contact at email@example.com about any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal information. however, you do have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority directly. we would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ico so please contact us in the first instance.
we use the following categories of cookies for our website:
- strictly necessary cookies. these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our websites and use its features. the information collected by these cookies relate to the operation of our website, for example website scripting language and security tokens to maintain secure areas of our website.
- performance cookies. these cookies collect anonymous information about how you use our website, for example which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages, and how you arrived at our website. information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of our website and never to identify you. these cookies are sometimes placed by third-party providers of web traffic analysis services, such as google analytics.
- functionality cookies. these cookies remember choices you make, for example the country you visit our website from, your language and any changes you have made to text size or other parts of web pages that you can customise, to improve your experience of our website and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable. the information these cookies collect may be anonymised and cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.
- targeting or advertising cookies. these cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. they are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. the cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. they remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
for more information on managing cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org, or visit www.youronlinechoices.com which has further information about behavioural advertising and online privacy.
you may disable cookie support on your browser but be aware that by doing so, you will lose certain features that require a cookie to work properly. we may use the information collected by the cookie to provide us with various statistics without identifying any individual.
10 use of your personal information submitted to other websites
we are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you accessed the third party website using links from our website.
11 further information
for further information from us on data protection and privacy or any requests concerning your personal information please write to the data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org